- Louder Than Life is an outdoor event.
- Line-up, schedule and set times are subject to change.
- Download our official festival app on Android or iPhone! – UPDATED APP AVAILABLE IN EARLY SEPTEMBER!
The Highland Festival Grounds at The Kentucky Expo Center is conveniently located at the junction of I-65 and I-264 in Louisville and has multiple entrances to paved parking lots. Louder Than Life takes place at the Highland Festival Grounds at the Kentucky Expo Center. The grounds are located adjacent to the 1-65 and the Louisville International Airport.
If you are driving or taking a rideshare/taxi, please check back for more information closer to the event.
Louder Than Life is an outdoor event and is held rain or shine, except in the case that the festival may be delayed and/or canceled and the festival grounds may be evacuated if inclement or severe weather poses a threat to patron and staff safety. We encourage patrons to check the weather forecast and dress accordingly (e.g. in the event of rain, we advise ponchos and rain boots). No refunds or exchanges will be given as a result of weather conditions; and no refunds or exchanges will be given for inclement or severe weather that necessitates an evacuation, delay or cancellation in part or whole of the event.
This is an all ages event. All attendees are required to purchase a full price ticket, regardless of age. We strongly encourage parents to bring hearing protection for their children.
Re-entry into the festival is not permitted unless you are camping on-site and have a camping wristband. Once you have entered the venue each day, you will not be allowed to leave and come back in. Please plan accordingly. If there is an emergency and you must leave, please speak to a supervisor at the gate.
We work with Living The Dream Foundation, a great company that will do their best to accommodate these special fans when possible. They will screen all requests and reach out if there is an opportunity! Find out more and to contact LTD Foundation HERE.
Lost & Found is located at the Info Booth located near the festival entrance. In addition to visiting the Info Booth on-site, there will be a link available during show days to search our found items database to see if your lost item has been turned in or submit a claim for your lost item. Post-show Lost & Found location will be shared on our social media during the show weekend.
A full schedule with set times will be posted about two weeks before the show via our website, socials and mobile app.
Gate times are TBD and will be announced closer to the event. Usually gates open between 11am-Noon, however, this is subject to change.
Yes. Beer, wine and mixed drinks will be sold to those 21 or older with a valid government issued photo ID.
Yes. Credit cards and cashless via RFID wristband will also be accepted at all food & beverage locations and at the merchandise stand.
Want to volunteer? Help our Louder Than Life patrons with Fahntoosh Enterprises in exchange for your admission to the four-day event.
Volunteer positions will include:
- Access Center – distributing ADA Access wristbands and answering questions from patrons with disabilities.
- Access Platforms – staffing the viewing platforms to host the ADA patrons.
- Info Booth/Lost & Found – staff the info booth answering questions from patrons and assisting with the Lost & Found program.
We’ve partnered with the best hotels around Louisville to bring you the best rates possible for your Louder Than Life weekend. Click HERE to find the perfect accommodation for you and your crew!
If you are interested in becoming a food vendor at Louder Than Life 2022, please apply HERE. We are not currently accepting marketplace vendor applications at this time.
Breastfeeding mothers can come by the Info Booth/Access Center located near the main entrance of the festival. It is not private, so be prepared to bring in any cover you will need to feel comfortable. You can bring items necessary to pump into the venue (pump, small soft-sided cooler, ice packs, cover) however, we are not responsible for loss or damage of any items brought inside. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exact COVID-19 safety protocol will be shared closer to the event adhering to the then-current guidelines of local, state, and national health officials. Preventative health measures (i.e. proof of negative COVID-19 test or COVID-19 vaccination, etc.) may be required for the festival. Protocols will be communicated as early as possible and are subject to change at any time. Refunds and chargebacks will not be accepted in a result of any COVID protocol implemented.
ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED ITEMS
Please be advised that there will be elevated security measures in place for Louder Than Life. Please carefully check the list of prohibited items and arrive very early to allow extra time for screening. All entrances will have metal detectors; please plan accordingly.
*** WE DO NOT PROVIDE ON-SITE STORAGE FOR PROHIBITED ITEMS. ***
- CELLPHONES & SMALL PORTABLE CHARGERS
- SUNSCREEN (NON-AEROSOL)
- ONE FACTORY-SEALED BOTTLE OF WATER (20 OZ. MAX SIZE) OR ONE EMPTY PLASTIC REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLE (NO HYDROFLASKS OR YETIS)
- TOWELS AND LIGHT BLANKETS
- SMALL, POINT-AND-SHOOT DIGITAL CAMERA
- HATS AND SUNGLASSES
- SEALED PACKS OF CIGARETTES & CIGARS
- VAPE PENS & E-CIGARETTES
- WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO NOT BRING BAGS OF ANY SORT. IF YOU MUST BRING A BAG, PLEASE ABIDE BY OUR BAG POLICY BELOW:
- NO LARGE BAGS, BACKPACKS, OR DUFFLE BAGS – SEE BAG POLICY IN ALLOWED ITEMS
- NO COOLERS OR PICNIC BASKETS
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES – EXCEPTION: ONE FACTORY-SEALED BOTTLE OF WATER (20 OZ. MAX SIZE)
- NO YETIS OR HYDROFLASKS
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS
- NO STROLLERS
- NO VIDEO CAMERAS OR GOPROS
- NO AUDIO RECORDING DEVICES
- NO LAPTOPS OR TABLETS
- NO PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS OR CAMERAS WITH REMOVABLE LENSES
- NO SELFIE STICKS
- NO LASERS OR LASER POINTERS
- NO DRONES
- NO CHAIRS OF ANY KIND
- NO UMBRELLAS
- NO HULA HOOPS OR TOTEMS
- NO BALLOONS OR BEACH BALLS
- NO CONFETTI OR GLOW STICKS
- NO AEROSOL CANS
- NO WHISTLES OR AIR HORNS
- NO FIREWORKS OR EXPLOSIVES
- NO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS OF ANY KIND
- NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND
- NO DRUGS OR DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- NO PETS (WITH EXCEPTION OF SERVICE ANIMALS)
- NO COLORS OR PATCHES
- NO CHAINS, CHAIN WALLETS, OR SPIKES
- NO UNAUTHORIZED VENDING OR ADVERTISING
- NO WALKIE TALKIES/TWO WAY RADIOS
Your safety is our number one concern, so these items are also subject to change at any time and at the discretion of the security staff.
Outside food and drink are not allowed inside the Festival, but if a patron has special medical dietary restrictions, enough food for the one person for the day will be allowed. Patrons are allowed to bring their medically necessary materials and medications into Louder Than Life, provided that all medicine has a prescription label with the patron’s name.
Our personnel at the entry gates will verify the contents of any medically necessary materials. Out of concern for the festival staff who handle the trash, please dispose of your medical waste and syringes in the proper disposal, which is located at the Medical Tent. Please do not dispose of these items in other trash bins at LTL. Please direct any further questions to email@example.com.