General Festival Info
- Louder Than Life is an outdoor event.
- Line-up, schedule and set times are subject to change.
- Download our official festival app on Android or iPhone! – Updated app available in early September
Highland Festival Ground
1016 Phillips Lane
Louisville, KY 40209
The Highland Festival Grounds at The Kentucky Expo Center is conveniently located at the junction of I-65 and I-264 in Louisville and has multiple entrances to paved parking lots. The grounds are located adjacent to the Louisville International Airport.
Please visit our PARKING INFO to learn all the ways to get to Louder Than Life.
Louder Than Life is a rain or shine event, however, there are several instances in which the festival may be paused, evacuated, or canceled due to inclement weather, including (but not limited to): severe thunderstorms, lightning in our festival radius, excessive wind, hail, flooding, or as directed by local emergency personnel. We recommend fans review our Health & Safety page, so you can be best prepared to get to safety in the event of inclement weather.
This is an all ages event. All attendees are required to purchase a full price ticket, regardless of age. We strongly encourage parents to bring hearing protection for their children.
We work with Living The Dream Foundation, a great company that will do their best to accommodate these special fans when possible. They will screen all requests and reach out if there is an opportunity! Find out more and to contact LTD Foundation HERE.
Lost & Found is located at the Info Booth-located near the entrance. In addition to visiting the Info Booth on-site, there will be a link available on our website and festival mobile app during show days to search our found items database to see if your lost item has been turned in or submit a claim for your lost item. Post-show Lost & Found location will be shared on our social media during the show weekend.
A full schedule with set times will be posted about two weeks before the show via our socials and mobile app.
Yes. Beer, wine and mixed drinks will be sold to those 21 or older with a valid government issued photo ID.
We are not currently accepting fan or band submissions for signed artists. If you have an unsigned band, we have an amazing way to get on our radar via the DWPresents channel on Twitch. That Space Zebra show runs contests year round to help us find the best unsigned bands for a chance to play a DWP Festival. Submit an application today HERE.
We are not currently accepting vendor applications at this time. Vendor applications will be available when the 2024 lineup is announced.
Breastfeeding mothers can come by the Info Booth/Access Center located near the main entrance of the festival. It is not private, so be prepared to bring in any cover you will need to feel comfortable. You can bring items necessary to pump into the venue (pump, small soft-sided cooler, ice packs, cover) however, we are not responsible for loss or damage of any items brought inside. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exact COVID-19 safety protocol will be shared closer to the event adhering to the then-current guidelines of local, state, and national health officials. Preventative health measures (i.e. proof of negative COVID-19 test or COVID-19 vaccination, etc.) may be required for the festival. Protocols will be communicated as early as possible and are subject to change at any time. Refunds and chargebacks will not be accepted in a result of any COVID protocol implemented.
Allowed / Not Allowed Items
Please be advised that there will be elevated security measures in place for Louder Than Life. Please carefully check the list of prohibited items and arrive very early to allow extra time for screening. All entrances will have metal detectors; please plan accordingly.
*** WE DO NOT PROVIDE ON-SITE STORAGE FOR PROHIBITED ITEMS. ***
- CELLPHONES & SMALL PORTABLE CHARGERS
- SUNSCREEN (NON-AEROSOL)
- ONE FACTORY-SEALED BOTTLE OF WATER (20 OZ. MAX SIZE) OR ONE EMPTY PLASTIC REFILLABLE WATER BOTTLE (NO HYDROFLASKS OR YETIS)
- TOWELS AND LIGHT BLANKETS
- SMALL, POINT-AND-SHOOT DIGITAL CAMERA
- HATS AND SUNGLASSES
- SEALED PACKS OF CIGARETTES & CIGARS
- VAPE PENS & E-CIGARETTES
- WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO NOT BRING BAGS OF ANY SORT. IF YOU MUST BRING A BAG, PLEASE ABIDE BY OUR BAG POLICY BELOW:
- NO LARGE BAGS, BACKPACKS, OR DUFFLE BAGS – SEE BAG POLICY IN ALLOWED ITEMS
- NO COOLERS OR PICNIC BASKETS
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES – EXCEPTION: ONE FACTORY-SEALED BOTTLE OF WATER (20 OZ. MAX SIZE)
- NO METAL CONTAINERS (EX. YETIS OR HYDROFLASKS)
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS
- NO STROLLERS
- NO VIDEO CAMERAS OR GOPROS
- NO AUDIO RECORDING DEVICES
- NO LAPTOPS OR TABLETS
- NO PROFESSIONAL CAMERAS OR CAMERAS WITH REMOVABLE LENSES
- NO SELFIE STICKS
- NO LASERS OR LASER POINTERS
- NO DRONES
- NO CHAIRS OF ANY KIND – INCLUDING INFLATABLE LOUNGER AIR SOFAS
- NO UMBRELLAS
- NO HULA HOOPS OR TOTEMS
- NO BALLOONS OR BEACH BALLS
- NO CONFETTI OR GLOW STICKS
- NO AEROSOL CANS
- NO WHISTLES OR AIR HORNS
- NO FIREWORKS OR EXPLOSIVES
- NO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS OF ANY KIND
- NO CAMELBAKS OR OTHER REFILLABLE HYDRATION PACKS
- NO WEAPONS OF ANY KIND
- NO DRUGS OR DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
- NO PETS (WITH EXCEPTION OF SERVICE ANIMALS)
- NO COLORS OR PATCHES
- NO CHAINS, CHAIN WALLETS, OR SPIKES
- NO UNAUTHORIZED VENDING OR ADVERTISING
- NO WALKIE TALKIES/TWO WAY RADIOS
Outside food and drink are not allowed inside the festival, but if you have a special medical dietary restriction, enough food for the one person for the day will be allowed. Fans are allowed to bring their medically necessary materials and medications into the festival, provided that all medicine has a prescription label with the fan’s name.
Staff at the entry gates will verify the contents of any medically necessary materials. Out of concern for the festival staff who handle the trash, please dispose of your medical waste and syringes in the proper disposal, which is located at the medical tent. Please do not dispose of these items in other trash bins at the festival. Please direct any further questions to email@example.com.